The month of December puts you straight away into the Christmas Spirit and we need no prompts to start decorating the classroom for this jolly season. Many of the children in the class bring along decorations and our teacher was as enthusiastic as we were.
During one afternoon we had great fun making a reindeer using simple material. Here is how it is done.
- 2 paper plates of different sizes
- 1 piece of cardboard A4 size (preferably brown)
- 2 Googly eyes (if not available you can draw them with permanent marker)
- A small piece of red kite paper
- Brown paint
- Lots of fun
How it is done:
- Glue together the 2 paper plates, sticking the smaller plate on the edge of the larger plate.
- Paint over with brown paint. Leave it to dry.
- Fold the piece of cardboard in two.
- Trace both hands on the cardboard.
- Cut along the tracing.
- When the paint is dry stick hands on top of the plates to seem like the reindeer’s antlers.
- Glue eyes.
- Roll red kite paper into a ball and glue in the place of the nose.
When everything is dry hang it on the wall and take a selfie!
Year 4 Eagles